Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Crissy Field


Soundtrack:

  • R.E.M. -- Murmur
I had to stick close to home this weekend because I was on call for production support at work.  I'll have to do the same next weekend.  It's a bummer, but there are plenty of places to explore close to home, so it's not too bad.  On Sunday Pongo and I went into the city for a walk at Crissy Field.

California Street, San Francisco, CA
I love the city.  It's about a fifteen minute drive for us if the traffic is good.  That's the trick, though.  The traffic is often not so good.  Still,  a fastrack will usually get you around the bottlenecks on the weekends.

San Francisco, CA
I don't have much of a story to tell for this particular day.  Pongo had a great time on the walk.  He also enjoyed driving through town, or at least he seemed to be interested.  He's not used to being in among the big buildings.  He's more used to big trees.


Red-throated Loon -- Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA
We saw a red-throated loon in the big pond at Crissy Field.  That's the second one I've seen this year, the first I've ever seen in breeding plumage.  So, yeah, that was kind of cool if you're into that sort of thing.

Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA
Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA




2 comments:

  1. Even though I'm not a city gal, San Francisco is the prettiest city in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, although it feels so small compared to someplace like New York. I feel like I get the best of both worlds living in the Bay Area with so many amazing natural places to explore in Northern California.

      Delete