Monday, November 9, 2015

Martin Luther King, Jr. Regional Shoreline

November 8, 2015



I kept it local this weekend.  I did a little shopping (gloves) and got out for a few picture at the MLK Shoreline.  Nothing too spectacular.  As you can see from the picture above, a small storm was rolling in.  It gave us our second rain of the year, the first that felt like an actual storm.  In fact, it was the first rain that had a stormy feel to it in over a year.  Nice.  Hopefully it was the first of many.  California sure needs it.

Some Kinda Yellowlegs -- Martin Luther King, Jr. Regional Shoreline, Oakland, CA
Snowy Egret -- Martin Luther King, Jr. Regional Shoreline, Oakland, CA
Brown Pelican -- Martin Luther King, Jr. Regional Shoreline, Oakland, CA
Most of the winter birds haven't arrived yet.  I don't think it will be long, though.  I saw a could of surf scoters, a few northern shovelers and a lone bufflelead.  I am ready.

Martin Luther King, Jr. Regional Shoreline, Oakland, CA
Alameda, CA


2 comments:

  1. Nice to have such a pretty place close to home and check on the birds in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. This is all on my drive home every day, most of it in walking distance from my house. Sometimes I take it for granted.

      Delete