Sunday, March 2, 2014

Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline



I've got some odds and ends here from various sessions at Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline in February.  Nothing too exciting, I think.  The photos are in no particular order.

Western Meadowlark -- Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline, CA
I saw a lot of Western Meadowlarks in February.  Sometimes up to a dozen at a time near the burrowing owl dens.

Lesser Scaup -- Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline, CA
I like how scaups show their true colors in good light.  Purple for the lessers and green for the greaters.

Canada Geese -- Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline, CA
Snowy Egret -- Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline, CA
I'm not sure why I find that picture of the egrets so amusing.  It's the hairstyles, perhaps?

Black-tailed Jackrabbit -- Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline, CA
Burrowing Owl -- Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline, CA
Snowy Egret -- Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline, CA
Northern Harrier -- Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline, CA


No comments:

Post a Comment