Sunday, April 12, 2015

Road Trip!


I spent this weekend cleaning the garage and watching the Masters online.  That makes two weekends in a row that I didn't get out and do something.  Not only that, I'm not making a Spring trip to Death Valley this year.

I'm becoming stagnant.

There is hope.  I've got a trip to Colorado coming up this summer.  I'll be taking my time on the drive to see the sights.  Here are some of the planned highlights.

Las Vegas

LasVegas, NV
Weird town, Las Vegas.  It's not really my kind of place.  However, this is a road trip through America's South-West.  Las Vegas is pretty much a required stop.  I enjoy playing a little roulette every now and then, it'll be fun.

Grand Canyon's North Rim

Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
I've been to the South Rim a couple of times.  This will be my first time on the other side.

Monument Valley

John Ford made his best movies in Monument Valley.  This is someplace I've been wanting to go to for a long time.  Hopefully it works out this summer.  

I obviously didn't take this picture of Henry Fonda.




Mesa Verde

This is another place I've been wanting to go to for a long time.  We visited the Puye Cliff Dwellings on our last trip to Colorado and it turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip.  I have high hopes for Mesa Verde.

TBD

La Veta, CO
All that is just the trip out.  After a weekend of rock 'n' rollin' there's a whole other week to get back yet to be figured out.  More on that later, I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun travel plan. Let me know when you'll be visiting the North Rim. Please remember it's not open until May 15th. You'll love Mesa Verde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gaelyn. I'll definitely give you a heads when plans become more formalized.

    ReplyDelete