Saturday, October 22, 2016

Road Trip 2016: The End of the Road

October 7, 2016



Friday was the last day of our trip.  I took a few final photos of Red Rock Canyon, most of which ended up blurry because I'd been shooting stars with the lens set to manual focus the night before and forgot to change it back to auto focus.  D'oh.  I lucked into a couple of in-focus shots, though.  That'll teach me to wear my glasses, you'd think.

César E. Chávez National Monument, CA
We bumped into the César E. Chávez National Monument on the way home, so we stopped for a quick visit.  It was quite early, so the visitor center wasn't open yet.  César and his wife appear to have been laid to rest there in a beautiful garden area with a couple of fountains.  It's an unusual little park.

César E. Chávez National Monument, CA
From there, we bombed our way back home.  Of course, Pongo was very excited to see my wife and our other dog Charlie.  I was expecting to find one or two foster dogs in the house, but for the first time in over a year there was none.  Hooray!  Pongo ran crazy for about five minutes then curled up in a ball on the couch and went to sleep.  I did pretty much the same thing.

Interstate 5, CA
Soundtrack:

  • Jeff Buckley -- Mystery White Boy

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm ready for another one, and I think Pongo is, too. Luckily, we have the Thanksgiving trip up to Oregon coming up in only one month. Hooray!

      Delete